Lily Wilson HARBOUR CD RELEASE PARTY

Lily Wilson HARBOUR CD RELEASE PARTY
CD RELEASE PARTY - For Lily's newest CD "Harbour" is June 24th 9 p.m. at Molly Malones

Sunday, February 1, 2009

David Cole Interview about Lily Wilson

*Photo courtesy of Davidcole.com

Exclusive Interview with Producer David Cole

Hi David. Thank you so much for taking the time to awaken our pondering about you and these amazing artists.

LILY WILSON in ONE WORD?

Warmth

Please share with us why you chose that word?

When I closed my eyes and thought of Lily, that's the word that floated to my attention first. She is a genuinely warm and wonderful person, first and foremost. That's a wonderful quality to be in the presence of and to hear come across musically. She is passionate about our planet and her role in it and it's always a pleasure for me to have any excuse to be with her.

You just worked with Lily Wilson on her 4th release "The Right Time" how great was that to be a part of?

To be honest, it was an honor to be asked to help out. I really had a minimal role in the actual production of the music. Mark Browne recorded and mixed the record and did a fine job. My experience with Mark goes back to the "Skin" record with Melissa Etheridge, where I first met Mark. We hit it off right away, sharing our common musical journeys, connecting the dots, and delving into the wonderfully devilish dark side of our twisted senses of humor. But I digress...

As we have worked together on numerous Melissa records since, Mark asked me to take a listen to the mixes to see if there were any last minute touches or overall comments to the sonics. He asked me to master the record, which I did, treating each song to bring out the most of what was recorded. It was a wonderful experience that I know we were all happy with at the end of the day. So, although I wasn't present at the recording sessions, I was glad to lend my talent to bringing this baby into the world!

Do you have a favorite song from that album yet?

I don't make a habit of playing the records I work on around the house much. Once I'm done with a project, I've heard each song a bazillion times, I know where all the nooks and crannies are, so it's hard to just be a fan. But Lily's album has been a wonderful exception. I play it when friends are over and always love sharing great music, regardless of where it comes from. It's tough for me to pick a favorite but I'll jump in with "Meet Me In The Middle". I'm always a fan of strong melodies, solid lyrics, and great performances. I think they all come together on this one.

You've done many things musically with Lily Wilson and her Dream Band for a long time how is it for you to see them grow in their crafts?

I saw them play live at Molly Malone's for the first time this Fall. I've worked with most of them in other capacities, having never worked with them as a whole, supporting Lily's music. But what a great bunch of creative types, all capable and talented in their own rights, to be backing Lily in her journey! I feel fortunate to have remained friends with such a talented group.

Lily has grown, not only as a singer, but as an artist in the time I've known her. She has honed her craft and sharpened her focus to bring the best of her talents and is unafraid to knock on any door that will listen. That's a brave stance and is very attractive and inspiring. I'm excited to watch is this flower continues to bloom and grow.

David - again thank you so much for taking the time to talk to the street teams. We appreciate you.

My pleasure! Thanks for the opportunity to brag about my favorite artists.

Peace,

-DC

www.davidcolemusic.com

No comments: